My Aromatherapy Library.



I want to answer Colleen's question about my blends. I have been using aromatherapy for a long time now. I think I bought my first book on it in high school. Here's what I have read and use:

The Aromatherapy Book by Jeanne Rose
The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Woorwood
Aromatherapy Scent and Psyche by Peter and Kate Damian
The Essential Oils Deck by Hope Gillerman and Joan Arnold

I also have a ton of body care books. Maybe I'll do another post on those.

All of these resources have blends for specific things, but I find that the more you use essential oils the more you get to know what works for you. Scent and Psyche has an awesome section on chakra blends that I like to use when mixing. The Complete Book has a lot of combos for very specific ailments. It has entire sections on female and male issues, which I really like to reference. One combo I love is:

Loss of Memory and Concentration Blend: Basil (8 drops), Grapefruit (10 drops), Lavender (7 drops), Rosemary (5 drops)

She gets super specific on her stress formula's too, which I really like. She explains what stimulates and what relaxes, so you can make your own blends for each situation. I find that thinking in this way helps me realize how I'm feeling and that assessment alone is valuable to get me into the present moment.

There are so many ways to use essential oils. You can use them in carrier oils for blends you can rub on in massage or for pressure points, add to body oils or lotions, diffusing oil, on a tissue for inhalation, massage and bath oils, facial oils, and/or you can add them to soaps or for dry brushing.

Labels: , ,